Myelin Oy (3357767-4)
postal address Annankatu 5 C 17, 00220 Helsinki, Finland
These terms and conditions apply as an addition to “Terms and Conditions” to the relationship between a consumer, company or entity (hereinafter referred to as the "customer") and Myelin Oy (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") in relation to digital products (online courses) sold by the company.
The customer receives the product for personal use only and it is prohibited to distribute, copy or redistribute it by any other means.
Duration of the contract
The contract between the customer and the company is either a one-off or a monthly contract. The contract is created when the customer buys an online course from the Company. In the case of a monthly payment, the customer commits to a monthly payment. The contract expires when the stated period of use of the service ends.
The company reserves the right to change prices. The price displayed in the online shop is the current price for the service or product in question. Prices include VAT at the rate of 24%.
1. The company offers different payment methods for services and products. Payment methods are displayed when you make a purchase.
2. The company uses PayPal and Kajabi (Kajabi LLC) as payment intermediaries. PayPal or Kajabi, or the payment services they provide, may appear on the payment transaction and on the statement as the payee. Please read the PayPal https://www.paypal.com/fi/webapps/mpp/ua/legalhub-full and Kajabi https://kajabi.com/policies.
3. For late payments, we charge interest on arrears in accordance with the Finnish Interest Act, as well as the costs of payment reminders and other collection measures. After notification, the company will transfer the outstanding debts to the collection agency. The debt collection agency uses voluntary and judicial collection to recover unpaid invoices. Invoices are subject to the collection costs set out in the collection agency's price list.
4. The Company may cut off the customer's access to the services purchased for late or unpaid payments if payment is not received by the due date. However, this does not remove the customer's obligation to pay.
5. The Company is not responsible for any contracts that the customer enters into with third parties when purchasing products. The customer should check the terms and conditions of the third party when choosing the payment method.
1. A one-off fee will be charged at the time of purchase, using the payment method selected.
2. The first instalment of the monthly fee will be charged immediately upon purchase. Thereafter, subsequent instalments will be charged on a monthly basis. Future instalments are automatically debited from the payment instrument provided by the customer. To avoid non-payment, the customer must ensure that the chosen means of payment has sufficient funds to cover the payment.
3. If the automatic debiting of the instalment from the payment card provided by the customer fails, access to the services purchased may be blocked. Access will be restored once the customer has made the payments due. Disconnection of services does not remove the customer's obligation to pay.
4. If the Company has to send an invoice to the customer instead of automatic debits, a reminder surcharge will be added to the invoice.
Access to services
1. When you purchase a service or product, you are granted access to it for as long as the service or product is available on the company's website or course platform. Access is limited. Ownership and copyright of the services and content are never transferred to the customer.
2. The customer may use the product and service only for his personal use and may not distribute, copy or redistribute it by any other means.
3. The customer may not display or distribute in any way the content of the licensed services or products, e.g. on the internet unless expressly authorized by the Company. Any distribution or dissemination of the license is a breach of contract and may give rise to claims for damages.
4. If the Company so decides, the licensed content may be made freely available.
Availability and functionality of services
1. To use the Service, you must register on the course platform. At the registration stage, the customer must provide the required information.
2. The customer is responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of the data. The company is not liable for any damages resulting from the provision of false information.
3. Some of the company's services may make use of third-party platforms. The customer is responsible for the installation and use of such applications. The Company is not responsible for the malfunctioning of third-party environments and applications or for providing technical support in relation thereto.
Changes to the conditions
The company reserves the right to change the terms of the contract. It is the customer's responsibility to check the terms and conditions. If the customer does not wish to comply with the terms of the contract, the customer must stop using the services and the Company's website and the course platform.
The customer accepts that he/she has no right of withdrawal under the Finnish Consumer Protection Act, as this is a service that is immediately available to the customer in digital form. There is no 14-day right of withdrawal under the Finnish Consumer Protection Act, unless expressly agreed with the company.
Collection and disclosure of personal data
The Company collects and processes personal data in accordance with the Finnish Data Protection Act.
Limitations of liability
1. The Company shall not be liable for any indirect or direct damage, or any other damage related to the order, delivery or product or any of the above, except to the extent provided for in the Consumer Protection Act or other mandatory Finnish legislation.
2. The Company is not liable for technical failures of the website or course platform caused by third parties. The company is not liable for any agreements concluded between the customer and third parties, for example in connection with a purchase.
3. In no event shall the Company be liable for the consequences or results of any decisions made by the Customer based on or as a result of the Online Courses or the materials contained therein.
Disputes and applicable law
1. These terms and conditions have been drafted to avoid disputes. However, in the event of any dispute concerning the services or the contract in any other way, the parties will seek to resolve the dispute through negotiations between the client and the company.
2. If a dispute concerning the services or any other aspect of the contract cannot be resolved by negotiation between the parties, the consumer-customer may refer the matter to the Consumer Disputes Board by contacting the Consumer Disputes Board (www.kuluttajariita.fi). Before taking the matter to the Consumer Disputes Board, the consumer may also contact the Consumer Advice Centre of the Registrar's Office (www.kuluttajaneuvonta.fi).
3. The contract is governed by Finnish law. Any disputes arising from the services or otherwise from the contract will be settled by the court of the company's domicile, unless the customer and the company reach an agreement through negotiations.
@2023 Myelin LLC (15.8.2023)